Let me send you my blog post updates! Enter Your E-mail:

Delivered by FeedBurner

One Site You Must Know To Detect A Scam

Hate scams! [Image Source]

Internet has been a great blessings to lots of people(lots and lots of people actually) due to free relevant information that internet provides. The internet also made our world small in terms of communication---Facebook, Twitter, Skype, Yahoo!Messenger, Gmail, Ning, Webinar and all other forms of online communication that we can ever think of.

Internet can also be a source of illegitimate information.

I personally believed that everything is good. (Do you?) What makes some things bad? The good question might be "Who makes some things bad?" 'cause every good things had became bad through other people's bad intention.

Personally, I was scammed before and it was a lesson learned for me. If you've been in my shoes before then you know how it feels to believe in sweet but empty promises of having a better life. I still believe that there's plenty of good and genuine mentors that were really passionate in helping other hopefuls(including me).

In the Philippines just like in any other countries, there were government agencies to get info about the legitimacy of the people or the organization offering events, seminars, online courses or any products(either tangible or digital).

I loved hopping blogs, forums, social medias and websites. Since I learned internet marketing from my mentor Jomar Hilario, I learned how to made good use of internet. I stopped playing online games that consume an average of about 6 hours(that's a conservative estimate) a day. I learned that instead of wasting time and wasting money, then why not make the time to learn something like reading inspiring blogs, business blogs, watch inspiring videos and listen to inspiring audios. Some that I can recommend---JomarHilario.com, BoSanchez.ph, TED.com, SethGodin.TypePad.com, HarvEker.com and videos from YouTube of Jim Rohn, Zig Ziglar, Tony Robbins and other motivational speakers.

Internet is awesome. My computer is awesome. Business is awesome. Free information is awesome. Using with bad bad intentions make them awful.

So to get to my point. Every time you encounter a name of a person or a company that offers something, you can due your diligence first in identifying a scam and a legitimate by going to this site---> http://www.ripoffreport.com. Ripoff Report was where people send reports of scams, law suits, complaints and frauds. The name of the person who scammed me once was also there.

The down side that I can see is if the scam artist is new(or got a new name) then probably you won't find that person in that site. You can do the first report instead.

Just some hint, maybe you're asking "what if someone is just making a bad publicity?" then you must also read the reactions of your fellow readers. Bottom line is you must always do due diligence no matter how credible the person you think he is not that because you're suspicious and paranoid but because you're wise enough. Hope I made a good use of internet for you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...